Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Coverage

Today's run was for all of the anonymous donors. Again, these donations gave me the incentive I needed to go out and run. I appreciate the donations and I understand if you don't want your name up in lights on the donation website or on this blog, but I'd still love to know if you've donated so I can thank you personally. I really believe in the good work that Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep does, so thank you from the bottom of my heart!

Today's run is all about coverage.


This is a Google Map that shows all of the roads I've run on in New Delhi. As you can see, I covered a lot of ground. Especially near the school. There are only a few roads in and out of the neighborhood, so finding new places to run is tough, especially for short runs. The problem with today's run was the mileage - 6 miles. To go out and back, you're stuck with three miles. Within that three miles, there aren't a lot of choices of where to go. So I was stuck with choosing one of the old standbys. I actually spent about 45 minutes trying to make a new route, but I couldn't come up with anything that didn't involve a million turns or a high likelihood of getting lost. Then I remembered a post that I had written a few days ago about running a route backwards. I figured it was just what I need to freshen up the Railroad 6 Miler. The Railroad 6 Miler is a fun route, that has a lot to do and see, but I'm getting bored of it. Four of us showed up this morning to run, but we ended up splitting into pairs and running different routes.

The RR 6 Miler goes past several railroad related sites in Chanakyapuri. When run backwards, those sites include the Railroad Museum(4 Stars on TripAdvisor!), Sarojini Station, Safdarjung Station, The Railroad Workers Park and Chanakyapuri Station. There's a lot to see. For some reason, there were a billion people camped out at the Sarojini Station. Why were they there? Where were they going?

Here are a few pictures from the Railroad Museum, just for fun.

 


If you can donate, please do!





RUN STATS:
Distance - 6 miles
Time - 47:13 - A route record!
Soundtrack - Public Enemy, Apocalypse 91 ... The Enemy Strikes Black



No comments:

Post a Comment