Wednesday, May 8, 2013

May 8, 2013

Today I forced myself to leave my comfort zone a little bit. I skipped my run on Sunday, I skipped my hills run on Tuesday and instead of running 6 miles today, I only ran three.

But, I pushed myself to run as fast as I could. I forced myself to push since I skipped the hill workout. It's been a while since I've done a really fast short run, so I opted for a new 3.11 miler, which is of course a 5K.

The route was basically old familiar roads, and I focused on my pace. As usual, I started too hot. My first mile was 6:21, the second was 6:36 and the last 1.11 was 7:36. That put me at 20:33, just three seconds off of my all-time best for a 5K. My goal is sub-20 and I'll get there, I just need a little more inspiration and a little more restraint at the beginning.

The donations are coming in for Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep, thanks! I didn't see them until after school, so the first dedicated run will be tomorrow, which is normally a rest day for me. But thanks to your kind donations, I'll be out there running tomorrow morning!

If you can help, or want a dedicated training run, please visit my fundraising site:



RUN STATS:
Distance - 3 miles
Time - 20:33
Soundtrack - Summer Guide 13, repeat. I thought I updated my iPod, but I guess I didn't. Good thing it's a good mix!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment