Sunday, April 2, 2017

Running For a Reason 2017

It's time to finish this.


In 2010, the world lost Ty Taylor. He was a camp counselor. He was a father. He was a son. He was a friend to many. To me, he was a mentor.

Growing up at YMCA Camp Miller is an important part of the lives of the children of northern Minnesota and beyond. It definitely was for me. Ty played a huge role in helping me to become the person that I am today. For that, I'm thankful and I'm doing everything I can to repay the gifts he gave to me.



From my blog, March 2014:

When I was sixteen I joined the staff as a CIT and when I was 17, I was an Assistant Counselor. That's when I met Ty Taylor. He was an amazing guy that had a life story that blew my mind as a 17 year old from Minnesota. We worked together all summer and he was a big influence in my life. He inspired my love of adventure, my ability to laugh at myself, helped me appreciate the simple things that surrounded me and taught me about the value of unconditional friendship.  
In 2014, I used my marathon training as an opportunity for raising money for the Ty Taylor Campship Endowment. I did the same in 2016. Today, the endowment is $3000 away from generating enough interest to send a deserving child to YMCA Camp Miller for every year forever. It's my goal to raise that money this year.

Please consider donating. It will help a kid have the experiences that I did and it will motivate me to keep running every day from now until raceday. And beyond, if necessary. Anyone who donates will have a run dedicated to them, and a write-up on this blog! Please make sure you let me know you donated so I can write up your run as soon as possible.

Here's the link for donating - http://www.duluthymca.org/give/ Just choose the Ty Taylor Campship option.

If you prefer, here's a direct link.




My goal for this year is to get 40 people to donate and convince one friend each to donate. 80 donations should be enough to finalize this endowment and start sending kids to camp!

Who's first?

No comments:

Post a Comment